Your privacy is important to us. It is Multiscale Modelling’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, batterymodel.co.uk, and other sites we own and operate. For the purposes of the data collected, Imperial College London are the data controller and have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone on 20 7594 3502 and via post at Imperial College London, Data Protection Officer, Faculty Building Level 4, London SW7 2AZ. For general queries / questions however please contact the team directly via Contact Us
This policy is effective as of 18 February 2022 and was last updated on 18 February 2022.
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
When you visit our website you are asked to consent to allow cookies to be utilised. These are broken down into 3 different categories
Functional – these are strictly necessary to ensure the website works as required.
Statistics – these are performance cookies which collect information about how you use the website, which parts you access and help ensure the website recognises you when you use the website again.
Marketing – These contain a unique key that is able to distinguish individual users’ browsing habits or store a code that can be translated into a set of browsing habits or preferences using information stored elsewhere.
Most cookies are temporary, or session, cookies and they are removed from your browser when your session ends. You do not need to take any action to remove them. Some of these cookies are essential in providing the services you are requesting from us during the session so when they are disabled parts of the website may stop working. We therefore encourage you to accept the cookies we serve. However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our or any other website, you can do this through your Browser settings.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content.
· Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies.
· When you mention us / interact with us on social media.
· When you take part in an event or activity involving the Multiscale Modelling project.
The data obtained from and about you may include the following:
- Identity data – includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender and / or your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Contact data -includes postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction data -includes details about services you have requested from us.
- Technical data – includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage data – information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
· To provide you with the information and services that you request from us and / or tp respond to feedback you provide us regarding the site. Legal Basis is Consent.
· To ensure we meet any and all legal obligations with regards to the service we provide to you. Legal Basis is Legal Obligation
· To provide you with relevant news regarding the team or to attend events via email, phone or post where you have consented to receive this information. Legal Basis is Consent or Legitimate Interests.
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
· a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
· third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms
· our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
· our existing or potential agents or business partners
· sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
· third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you third parties to collect and process data
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Other rights include:
· Right to withdraw consent
· Be informed what data we hold and why
· In some instances, the right to erasure for the data held
· In some instances, restrict processing of the data held
· To object to the processing of your data
· Right to complain to a supervisory authority
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will get your express opt-in consent before we use your data for such purposes or share your personal data with any third parties for such purposes.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may Contact Us.